Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 7:00 pm EDT
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019, I visited an End Time Handmaidens Conference in Arkansas and met this awesome woman. She’s the President of the Washington DC region.
An End-Time Handmaiden is one who has a call of God on her life to serve Him unconditionally with trusting obedience. She surrenders her will to Him and joyfully takes up His instead. She joins Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane and says with Him, “Not my will but Thine be done.” She takes up her cross and follows Him.
- She surrenders her right to eat as she enters a 21-day fast to receive the double-portion anointing to which she is called. She is an intercessor and learns how to pray the prayers that are on the heart of the Chief Intercessor, Jesus Christ. She has a burden for the nations and will weep for souls, travailing with Paul “until Christ be formed” in them.
- Every Kindred, Every Tribe: She may be of any race, kindred, tongue or tribe, but she loves and serves Jesus as her Bridegroom and soon-coming king. She may differ in many ways in her culture and physical apperance from other End-Time Handmaidens—she may be tall or short, large or small, young or old, in a wheelchair or storng, but she perseveres in prayer and brings forth the fruith of the Kingdom of God in the earth.
- She knows with Paul that she is in a relay race and carries the baton with faithfulness to her calling, ready to pass it on to the next generation when her lap is finished.
- She may be called to preach or she may be hidden in the prayer closet.
- She may travel to another nation and spend the rest of her life serving the Lord there or she may make many short trips to mission fields, coming home to work and raise money for her next journey, or she may simply travel on her knees, touching souls by her intercessions. She may be called to the church or the streets or the workplace, but she knows she’s called. And if she fails or falls, she knows to repent and get up and go on to fulfill her destiny.
- She may be an apostle, a prophetess, an evangelist, pastor or teacher, or she may be a prayer warrior. She may be a doctor, attorney, teacher, nurse, computer technician, housewife, real estate agent, student, pilot, flight attendant, cook or mayor. The call manifests in many ways. She blooms where she is planted. She has a call to press into God and go beyond the limitations of her natural circumstances into the limitlessness of His Kingdom.
- She is a worshipper. Whether she can sing in tune or not, whether she can dance with rhythm and beauty in man’s eyes or not, whether she can play an instrument or not, her heart is toward her Beloved Bridegroom and to Him her “voice is sweet and her countenance is comely.”
- She may be loud and bombastic or quiet and subdued—or both, depending on the move of the Holy Spirit. End-Time Handmaidens are all individuals and diverse—each one is unique. They all bear a certain mark of a calling of God in their spirit.
Anthony & Alicia Turner are the founders of Destiny Ministries International and apostolic leaders of the NAGIYD Network. For 37 years, Anthony Turner has endeavored to fulfill the call and mandate of God he was given to: “Elevate minds and disciple men to be examples of God’s awesome power, tender mercies and everlasting love.”Anthony & Alicia’s passion is to see the sons and daughters of God equipped and mobilized to take the gospel of the kingdom to every corner of the world. Anthony and Alicia are spiritual father and mother to many young five-fold ministry leaders, missionaries and worship leaders in the United States and around the world. In 2012 they launched Destiny Ministries International; a ministry established to disciple, equip and mobilize the next generation of emerging leaders for kingdom transformation. As a member of the Harvest International Ministries Apostolic Network; Destiny Ministries International is a regional and international equipping ministry committed to training and empowering leaders through venues such as DMI Apostolic Training Center, DMI Worship Arts University and Destiny Internships